EDP INSTRUMENTAL IN The London Stock Exchange Group HEALTH AND SAFETY ACTIVITIES
EDP has worked with The London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) for 9 years providing health and safety management, environment and sustainability services across the organisation’s growing global operations. EDP’s relationship with LSEG has deepened and matured over that period from an initial advisory and consultancy role to the provision of an embedded service where EDP fulfil the role of Group Health, Safety, Environment & Sustainability (HSES) management resource for LSEG as well as providing additional consultancy support, technical services and training to support the effective delivery of HSES across the Group.
The full scope of services provided is developed in conjunction with LSEG on an annual basis and is reflected in a detailed health, safety, environment and sustainability service delivery plan. These plans encompass:
- ‘Day to day’ management of health, safety and environment within the property function and provision of HSE support to the wider business
- The management and development of safety, environment and sustainability management systems including integration of the growing LSEG international portfolio within Safety and Sustainability management systems and reporting processes
- Responsibility for HSES reporting, performance tracking and management information
- Input into HSES strategy and corporate governance and provision of HSES input and expertise into all aspects of LSEG’s operations
- Management of safety and sustainability communications across LSEG
- Management and delivery of programmes of statutory inspections, risk assessments and building inspections across the Group’s international property portfolio
- Management and delivery of health, safety and environment training
- Contractor safety management across the LSEG property portfolio
- Incident management and response
- Workforce risk management including workstation risk management, access audits and employee induction
- Strategic consultancy and technical support for Environment and CR work in LSEG
- Specialist support in the area of carbon measurement and reporting and more recently integrating other sustainability metrics into LSEG’s annual reporting
- Ad hoc project input including international site visits and projects to integrate newly acquired companies into the Group’s HSES management system
The development of these managed services has been recognised as delivering service excellence to LSEG with their Global Head of Group Property, James Nunn remarking “The relationship we have with the EDP staff is very good - at all levels of the organisation. We see a lot of their Directors who come in regularly to talk to us about what our objectives are from a business perspective and what our strategic objectives are. We also have a long-standing relationship with EDP’s consultants who really understand our business. They know our staff and we are quite comfortable with them interacting directly with each other. There’s no interface between us and EDP - they talk to our business directly.”
The strength of the relationship expressed by LSEG and the continuing development of the services being provided have led to both EDP and LSEG continuing the evolution of the service model delivered by EDP from a purely consultancy based model to an embedded salary model supplemented by flexible additional capacity to provide further specialist strategic, operational and technical services.
As well as realising the compliance, risk management, efficiency and associated value benefits expected from effective management of HS&E, a further positive outcome of the work of EDP within LSEG has been to see the model that was first established around one business unit in the group (The London Stock Exchange) be recognised as the model of best practice across the Group. This has seen EDP’s service delivery model extended as the business pursues growth through acquisition. This has included both international recognition by other London Stock Exchange locations in New York, Milan, Hong Kong & Colombo and adoption by other companies in the Group such as FTSE, Borsa Italiana, LCH Clearnet, MTS Bonds.com & Millennium IT.