Health and Safety VACANCIES @ EDP
Our Health and Safety teams work for, within, and alongside some of the most innovative companies and leading brands in the world, providing capacity and independent expertise to deliver services ranging in scale from one-off projects through ongoing programmes of work to integrated service delivery models and interim resourcing.
Our Health and Safety services are built around our ethos to develop and deliver 'the right approach' - a service that is uniquely tailored to each client; their culture, their strategy, and their needs.
Our consultants combine technical expertise and specialisms with organisational understanding ensuring that our Health and Safety services support organisations' strategy and operations and deliver demonstrable value and return on investment.
Health and Safety jobs at EDP include Health and Safety Consultants, Fire Safety Consultants, Healthy Working Advisors, Workstation Assessors, Multi-disciplinary consultants, Auditors, Systems and Software specialists, Strategy Consultants and Administrators.
If you're a health and safety professional looking for a chance to continue to build your career and be part of innovative delivery models in leading organisations, send us your CV and a short covering email explaining what you feel you can bring to the business to email@example.com
For specific vacancies and opportunities, see below:
EDP has an opportunity for Fire Safety Consultants to join our project services team in delivering Fire Risk Assessments and Fire Safety Consultancy services UK wide.
Reporting to the Principal Fire Safety Consultant, this is an opportunity for a Fire Safety Consultant to build on their experience and work across a diverse client base further developing their Fire Safety expertise and developing greater levels of practice and experience in Fire Safety Management.
This is a home-based role with regular travel and occasional overnight stays, the role will give you the opportunity to work on varied projects across a broad range of sectors.
The successful applicant will have significant experience as a consultant, delivering first class service in both residential and commercial properties, relevant fire qualifications and professional membership with a fire institute. You will be self-motivated, conscientious and an expert in your field looking to join a growing business that wants to support your development.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering fire safety consultancy services in an operational environment coupled with excellent report writing and communication skills, a willingness to contribute to the development of the service and the desire to develop new skills and experience in order to better serve EDP and the client’s needs. Key activities include:
- Preparation of fire risk assessments in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Being able to give sound fire safety advice and able to prepare fire strategy reports for clients.
- Preparation of compliance gap analysis reports and subsequent development of fire safety management systems.
- Delivery of fire awareness /fire marshal training courses.
- Development of emergency plans and evacuation plans.
- Keep up to date with current legislation and advise clients on compliance accordingly.
- Identify and define solutions to fire safety related problems.
This role is an opportunity for a fire safety professional to further their career by joining an expanding health, safety and environment consultancy service and contributing to the delivery of professional and competent fire consultancy services. It offers a practitioner the chance to build a career within a forward-thinking consultancy practice and contribute to the ongoing development and delivery of an excellent service to clients.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven and previous experience in the completion of Fire Risk Assessments.
- Recognisable and professional qualification in fire risk assessments.
- Commitment to CPD.
- Graduate member of the Institution of Fire Engineers.
- Working towards or already on a Register of Fire Risk Assessors or a similar industry related scheme.
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a small team with excellent time management.
- Good IT skills, particularly with regards to Microsoft products.
- High levels of literacy and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Plan and organise workloads in order to meet timeframes for service delivery.
- Full UK driving licence.
Desirable skills and experience
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Knowledge of Scottish, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Irelands fire safety Legislation
- The role is home based with regular travel to EDP Client sites and offices as required including the potential for occasional international travel
- The role is available on a full-time basis
Salary and Benefits
- A competitive salary is offered commensurate with qualifications and experience
- A Company car or car allowance is available with the role
- Other benefits include a company Pension scheme and Death in Service benefit
To applyPlease email a CV and covering email explaining your suitability for this position and location to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job ref H064 in the subject line
Health and Safety Consultant (South East of England) - Ref H048
The purpose of the role is to take a position within the EDP Project Services Team delivering Health & Safety consultancy support to a variety of clients in the UK, with an emphasis on client support in London and the South East of England.
The successful candidate will work in a variety of sectors on both long term (+12 month) projects and also short-term pieces of work.
The workload will be varied and will involve engagement with client businesses at all levels from operations to management level. Working with single site companies through to multi-national businesses, the person will be expected to deliver high standards of work at all times and actively engage with other consultants in project teams to ensure that work is delivered to the required standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Own allocated elements of client projects and deliver them through to successful conclusion
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Partner with customers to understand their H&S needs and objectives
- Deliver client reports on time to the requirements of EDP’s internal quality standards
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
- Proven ability to drive organisations towards improved H&S performance
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Full clean UK driving licence as travel will be required
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Certificate Level qualification in H&S management (e.g. NEBOSH Certificate, NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Safety & Health)
- 3+ years of successful operation in a H&S role, consistently meeting expectations
- Technical membership of IOSH
- Experience of undertaking H&S audits and inspections
- Experience in undertaking workstation (display screen equipment) assessments
- Ability to effectively identify client needs and articulate them successfully both verbally and within written reports
- Experience of working within a multi-stakeholder environment where competing needs must be managed effectively in order to deliver results
- Experience of working in an environment where commercial performance targets are part of the workload
- Be working towards a qualification level that is higher than ‘Certificate’ (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma, City & Guilds Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice)
- Graduate membership of IOSH (or above)
- Knowledge of asbestos regulatory requirements
- Internal auditor qualification
- Workstation assessment qualification
- Experience of working within OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 14001 accredited Management Systems
Salary and Benefits
- A competitive salary is offered commensurate with experience, along with a wider employment package.
Hours & Pattern of Work:
- Hours of work are 09:00 – 17:30. Please note that commute travel to client or EDP sites may be required outside of these hours.
- EDP will accept applications from candidates who are seeking to work 3 days per week and above, up to a full 5 day working week Monday to Friday.
- The role is based in the South East of England
- The successful candidate will work from home when not on a client or EDP site.