Health and Safety VACANCIES @ EDP
Our Health and Safety teams work for, within, and alongside some of the most innovative companies and leading brands in the world, providing capacity and independent expertise to deliver services ranging in scale from one-off projects through ongoing programmes of work to integrated service delivery models and interim resourcing.
Our Health and Safety services are built around our ethos to develop and deliver 'the right approach' - a service that is uniquely tailored to each client; their culture, their strategy, and their needs.
Our consultants combine technical expertise and specialisms with organisational understanding ensuring that our Health and Safety services support organisations' strategy and operations and deliver demonstrable value and return on investment.
Health and Safety jobs at EDP include Health and Safety Consultants, Healthy Working Advisors, Workstation Assessors, Multi-disciplinary consultants, Auditors, Systems and Software specialists, Strategy Consultants and Administrators.
If you're a health and safety professional looking for a chance to continue to build your career and be part of innovative delivery models in leading organisations, send us your CV and a short covering email explaining what you feel you can bring to the business to firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific vacancies and opportunities, see below:
We have an opportunity for a Healthy Working Advisor/DSE assessor to join our service delivery team within a leading UK professional services company. The service delivery team provide a DSE risk management service across the client’s c12000 workforce in the UK and Ireland as well as providing additional support through more specialist assessments, training and statutory health and safety services.
You will manage a case load of workstation and new & expectant mother assessments as well as provide follow up support to people across our client’s Dublin offices. You will also support the Healthy Working team by contributing to the ongoing development and delivery of the service.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering workstation and new & expectant mother assessments in a corporate office environment coupled with excellent report writing and communication skills, a willingness to contribute to the development of the service and the desire to develop new skills and experience in other areas of healthy working support and training.
This role is an opportunity to join a high performing service delivery team working in a dynamic office environment. It offers an experienced workstation assessor or health and safety officer the chance to build a career within a health and safety consultancy practice and contribute to the ongoing development and delivery of an excellent service to a blue-chip client.
Additionally, the role offers an excellent opportunity to contribute to shaping a Healthy Working service that meets the needs of the modern office environment – responding to changing technologies, office environments and working practices.
Essential skills and experience
- An experienced Workstation (DSE) assessor
- The ability to assist and empathise with users who have a complicated health history
- A good working knowledge of ergonomic equipment and furniture
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong client focus
- Experience of a corporate office environment
- Experience of managing your workload to agreed service levels
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Knowledge of workplace wellbeing programmes and initiatives
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of Cardinus Workstation Safety Plus assessment software (or similar packages)
- A willingness to develop new skills and support the wider activities of the healthy working team
- Experience of enablement assessments and reasonable adjustment would be helpful
- Broader knowledge and experience of health and safety management would be advantageous
- Experience of training and induction delivery would be advantageous
- The role is Dublin based working across a number of client office locations.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week. Hours of work are 09:00 – 17:30
Salary and Benefits
- The Salary for this role is in the range €30,000 - €34,000 per annum depending on levels of experience and qualifications
- Other Benefits include Company Contributory Pension and Death in Service benefit
To applyPlease email a CV and covering email explaining your suitability for this position and location to email@example.com quoting job ref H062 in the subject line
Health and Safety Consultant (South East of England) - Ref H048
The purpose of the role is to take a position within the EDP Project Services Team delivering Health & Safety consultancy support to a variety of clients in the UK, with an emphasis on client support in London and the South East of England.
The successful candidate will work in a variety of sectors on both long term (+12 month) projects and also short-term pieces of work.
The workload will be varied and will involve engagement with client businesses at all levels from operations to management level. Working with single site companies through to multi-national businesses, the person will be expected to deliver high standards of work at all times and actively engage with other consultants in project teams to ensure that work is delivered to the required standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Own allocated elements of client projects and deliver them through to successful conclusion
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Partner with customers to understand their H&S needs and objectives
- Deliver client reports on time to the requirements of EDP’s internal quality standards
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
- Proven ability to drive organisations towards improved H&S performance
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Full clean UK driving licence as travel will be required
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Certificate Level qualification in H&S management (e.g. NEBOSH Certificate, NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Safety & Health)
- 3+ years of successful operation in a H&S role, consistently meeting expectations
- Technical membership of IOSH
- Experience of undertaking H&S audits and inspections
- Experience in undertaking workstation (display screen equipment) assessments
- Ability to effectively identify client needs and articulate them successfully both verbally and within written reports
- Experience of working within a multi-stakeholder environment where competing needs must be managed effectively in order to deliver results
- Experience of working in an environment where commercial performance targets are part of the workload
- Be working towards a qualification level that is higher than ‘Certificate’ (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma, City & Guilds Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice)
- Graduate membership of IOSH (or above)
- Knowledge of asbestos regulatory requirements
- Internal auditor qualification
- Workstation assessment qualification
- Experience of working within OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 14001 accredited Management Systems
Salary and Benefits
- A competitive salary is offered commensurate with experience, along with a wider employment package.
Hours & Pattern of Work:
- Hours of work are 09:00 – 17:30. Please note that commute travel to client or EDP sites may be required outside of these hours.
- EDP will accept applications from candidates who are seeking to work 3 days per week and above, up to a full 5 day working week Monday to Friday.
- The role is based in the South East of England
- The successful candidate will work from home when not on a client or EDP site.