Property Compliance VACANCIES @ EDP
Our full range of property compliance and risk management services enable our clients to fulfil their statutory duties and responsibilities across property portfolios of all sizes and types. Staying compliant with current property related legislation is vital in sustaining safe and legally compliant businesses.
We work with organisations to develop governance strategies and risk management frameworks and strategies for managing compliance as well as delivering statutory risk management programmes, technical services and assurance and inspection capacity across our full range of property compliance services.
Our services are tailored to the risk appetite and compliance expectations of the organisation in order to focus resources based on risk enabling value for money and leveraging efficiency and cost savings across an organisation's compliance needs.
Property Compliance jobs at EDP encompass a range of Compliance disciplines including; Water and Legionella Risk Management, Fire Safety, Electrical Compliance, Training, Corporate Compliance Solutions and Accessibility.
If you're a specialist in any of these areas, and want to develop your career in a growing dynamic organisation then we’d love to hear from you; send us your CV and a short covering email explaining what you feel you can bring to the business to firstname.lastname@example.orgFor specific vacancies and opportunities, see below:
EDP has an opportunity for Fire Safety Consultants to join our project services team in delivering Fire Risk Assessments and Fire Safety Consultancy services UK wide.
Reporting to the Principal Fire Safety Consultant, this is an opportunity for a Fire Safety Consultant to build on their experience and work across a diverse client base further developing their Fire Safety expertise and developing greater levels of practice and experience in Fire Safety Management.
This is a home-based role with regular travel and occasional overnight stays, the role will give you the opportunity to work on varied projects across a broad range of sectors.
The successful applicant will have significant experience as a consultant, delivering first class service in both residential and commercial properties, relevant fire qualifications and professional membership with a fire institute. You will be self-motivated, conscientious and an expert in your field looking to join a growing business that wants to support your development.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering fire safety consultancy services in an operational environment coupled with excellent report writing and communication skills, a willingness to contribute to the development of the service and the desire to develop new skills and experience in order to better serve EDP and the client’s needs. Key activities include:
- Preparation of fire risk assessments in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Being able to give sound fire safety advice and able to prepare fire strategy reports for clients.
- Preparation of compliance gap analysis reports and subsequent development of fire safety management systems.
- Delivery of fire awareness /fire marshal training courses.
- Development of emergency plans and evacuation plans.
- Keep up to date with current legislation and advise clients on compliance accordingly.
- Identify and define solutions to fire safety related problems.
This role is an opportunity for a fire safety professional to further their career by joining an expanding health, safety and environment consultancy service and contributing to the delivery of professional and competent fire consultancy services. It offers a practitioner the chance to build a career within a forward-thinking consultancy practice and contribute to the ongoing development and delivery of an excellent service to clients.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven and previous experience in the completion of Fire Risk Assessments.
- Recognisable and professional qualification in fire risk assessments.
- Commitment to CPD.
- Graduate member of the Institution of Fire Engineers.
- Working towards or already on a Register of Fire Risk Assessors or a similar industry related scheme.
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a small team with excellent time management.
- Good IT skills, particularly with regards to Microsoft products.
- High levels of literacy and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Plan and organise workloads in order to meet timeframes for service delivery.
- Full UK driving licence.
Desirable skills and experience
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Knowledge of Scottish, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Irelands fire safety Legislation
- The role is home based with regular travel to EDP Client sites and offices as required including the potential for occasional international travel
- The role is available on a full-time basis
Salary and Benefits
- A competitive salary is offered commensurate with qualifications and experience
- A Company car or car allowance is available with the role
- Other benefits include a company Pension scheme and Death in Service benefit