Security VACANCIES @ EDP
Our Health and Safety teams work for, within, and alongside some of the most innovative companies and leading brands in the world, providing capacity and independent expertise to deliver services ranging in scale from one-off projects through ongoing programmes of work to integrated service delivery models and interim resourcing.
Our Health and Safety services are built around our ethos to develop and deliver 'the right approach' - a service that is uniquely tailored to each client; their culture, their strategy, and their needs.
Our consultants combine technical expertise and specialisms with organisational understanding ensuring that our Health and Safety services support organisations' strategy and operations and deliver demonstrable value and return on investment.
Health and Safety jobs at EDP include Health and Safety Consultants, Healthy Working Advisors, Workstation Assessors, Multi-disciplinary consultants, Auditors, Systems and Software specialists, Strategy Consultants and Administrators.
If you're a health and safety professional looking for a chance to continue to build your career and be part of innovative delivery models in leading organisations, send us your CV and a short covering email explaining what you feel you can bring to the business to firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific vacancies and opportunities, see below:
APAC Security Coordinator (EVENTS)
Our client is a truly global business and is one of the world’s most recognisable social media and technology companies. EDP provides the client with embedded corporate security support within the APAC region and we are looking to expand our team by appointing an APAC Security Coordinator specialising in the effective security management of corporate events at client sites and at external sites within the APAC region.
The APAC Security Coordinator (Events) will work in the client’s Global Security Services (GSS) team and will support and manage all security operations for internal and external events for GSS. As the representative for APAC, the role will work collaboratively with regional key stakeholders, external agencies, other APAC Global Security teams and various departments in the client. This includes developing regional event Standard Operating Procedures, aligning APAC processes with global procedures, providing critical feedback and anticipating potential risks that may impact onsite/offsite events.
This role will be located in the client’s Singapore office.
Responsibilities and activities include but are not limited to:
- Main point of contact for internal and external GSS events throughout APAC (excluding India)
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate emerging risks and/or upcoming internal and external events that may impact the people, assets and reputation of the client
- Work & liaise with regional client event organizers, vendors, clients & agencies to establish regional and global security standards, processes and requirements
- Develop and maintain an on-site / off-site event security plan (staffing and deployment) based on requirements and risk with a view to minimising threat, managing vulnerability while mitigating risk to the business
- Utilize an in-depth knowledge and awareness of a range of security assets and their operational deployment in order to target hardens, reduce vulnerability & lessen risk
- Co-ordinate all aspects of protective security by looking at an event holistically from the risk posed by fixation, protest, criminal activity, lone activists or counter terrorism
- Develop event SOP’s relevant for site specific requests (e.g. event registration) to ensure event teams are aligned across the region and to enhance the guest experience
- Build and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including local law enforcement personnel, business representatives and other government agencies to maintain security, service and operational excellence
- May be required to travel regularly to support event and security coordination
The candidate should have five (5) or more years of applicable/ relevant experience including:
- Must possess strong planning, organizational and project management skills
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills especially in written and spoken English language. Any additional language skills will be welcomed
- Have the ability to apply analytical and logical processes to solve complex problems
- Possess vast knowledge in security operations, emergency/disaster management, physical security practices, stress management, risk mitigation and business resiliency
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Successfully pass background, reference, behavioral selection survey, and controlled substance tests.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Conducting oral presentations and group meetings.
- Reading and analyzing reports and other data, including related computer usage.
- Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.
A competitive salary is offered in-line with experience and qualifications. Private medical insurance and a discretionary bonus structure is also included.
If you are interested in the role, please submit your CV quoting ‘APAC Security Coordinator Events’ to email@example.com